Who We Are
Oakland Rising (a fiscally sponsored project of Center for Empowered Politics Education Fund) is a 10-year old collaboration of Oakland-based social justice organizations that have a long-term, shared vision for building progressive political power in Oakland. We are committed to building a powerful forward-thinking electorate rooted in low-income, immigrant and communities of color, exercising and expanding our political influence to advance a set of progressive values and policies, aligning our organizations and coordinating with other progressive forces to realize and sustain a progressive vision for Oakland. Oakland Rising is a collaboration between the Asian Pacific Environmental Network, Bend the Arc, Causa Justa::Just Cause, East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Mujeres Unidas y Activas, Parent Voices Oakland, Communities United for Restorative Youth Justice, and St Mary’s Center.
Our current work focuses on three major goals through which we are developing critical and key pieces of infrastructure necessary to build progressive power in Oakland:
- Build a permanent political/electoral infrastructure;
- Exercise and expand political influence; and
- Align organizations and coordinate with other progressive forces.
Current Job Openings [Last Updated 07/18/21]
- Administrative Assistant
This is a half-time (20 hrs/wk), non-exempt Administrative Assistant to provide critical support for a dynamic 7-person office housing a coalition of 9 partner organizations. This is a position that is responsible for a wide range of activities aimed at ensuring effective and productive office operations and development activities. Under the supervision of Oakland Rising’s Operations Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the following areas:
Development Support – 25%
- Send personalized solicitation emails to donors.
- Track donor pledges and receipt of gifts during fundraising campaigns.
- Send donor thank you’s.
- Support routine fundraiser mailings.
- Perform data entry for field fundraising team in the database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operations Support 25%
- Maintain office space organization and upkeep, including dishes and trash.
- Keep inventory of office and campaign supplies; support purchasing.
- Support OR staff and programs with administrative tasks, including but not limited to copying/printing, mailings, post office runs, supply runs, ordering food, and filing.
- Digitize meeting notes and campaign material
- Support database management with data entry, activities tracking, and generating reports.
- Provide reception & guest services support.
- Respond to office space usage requests and accommodate requests for meeting set-up and take-down.
- Generate check requests, reimbursement requests, and invoices.
- Process monthly payments to vendors and support with vendor management.
- Keep track of receipts for credit card reconciliation and other accounts payable activities.
- Provide outreach and logistical support for special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Programs Support 50%
- Support the program team with paid voter outreach program (phone-bank and door-knocking)
- Provide with logistics and technical support
- Provide training support to the voter outreach workers along the team leader
Required experience and qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant or similar position with a track record of success.
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, email, G-Suite.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and accountable.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Demonstrated commitment to economic, racial and social justice.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently, and to take initiative as well as direction.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and CRMs such as Powerbase or Salsa.
Compensation: $17-20/hr depending on experience plus generous benefits package
Please send in your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Oakland Rising is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, QTIPOC folks to apply.
Oakland, CA 94612
Get our email updates and stay connected.
Oakland Rising is a project from our hearts for the people of Oakland. Thank you for your contribution!