We Run the 510! Oakland Rising at the Oakland Running Festival 2012!
The Oakland Rising All-Star team has a New Year's resolution to RUN the 510 in 2012 and we're starting with a strong team to represent at the Oakland Running Festival. JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY and strengthen not only your own heart muscle but also the collective heart muscle of our city by helping us raise sponsorships to resource our civic engagement campaigns to mobilize and exercise the vote of Oakland's low-income, immigrant, and voters color to tip the scale for progressive social change!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY. When you register you receive our discounted price for your race and you can get started with your personal campaign page to raise sponsorship dollars to support our cause. Funds from sponsorships will support Oakland Rising’s 2012 campaigns like the Millionaire’s Tax that will help Californians restore prior cuts to public schools and critical social services like preschools.
BE A VOLUNTEER.
Our team is also recruiting friendly volunteers to help out at our water stop along the course of the marathon. We'll be situated near Lake Merritt. We could really use some extra helping hands. Come join the fun! To volunteer email Kopali@OaklandRising.org today.
ALL-STAR MEDAL CATEGORIES:
• Platinum Medal: $500 in sponsorships & receive full set of Oakland Rising gear (hoodie, tee-shirt/tank top, water bottle)
• Gold Medal: $250 in sponsorships & receive limited edition retro zip hoodie
• Bronze Medal: $150 in sponsorships & receive limited edition water bottle
• Silver Medal: $100 in sponsorships & receive Oakland Rising tank while supplies last
• Blue Ribbon: $50 in sponsorships & receive a surprise gift!
Email Kopali at Kopali@OaklandRising.org or call (510) 261-2600 x 102 to register by phone or for questions.
SCHEDULE OF INFORMAL GROUP RUN/WALKS*
- Mondays and Wednesdays 9 a.m. - Run/Walk Lake Merritt with Esperanza meet at the pillars
- Sundays 10 a.m. - Run Lake Merritt meet at the pillars
- Half marathon runners are also running on local East Bay trails. Get it in and check out our local beauty. For information on group trail runs email Kopali@OaklandRising.org.
Group runs/walks are informal and may be cancelled due to bad weather or low availability. Please email Kopali at email@example.com if you want to confirm 1-2 days in advance.
- Downloadable Beginners Training Guide for Runners (click on the image below)
- Downloadable Intermediate Training Guide for Runners (click on image below)